Sunday, March 1, 2009

"On Writing - Stephen King" .... and rewriting


On Writing: the novel written by the popular science-fiction author Stephen King, had a load of information "on writing" that will surely help me through my college and occupational future. I absolutely loved the first section of his book as well that was an autobiography on his life, mostly when he was rising to become an author. It made me realize that even some of the best and most talented were faced with rejection, and that is really inspiring to me.

I loved Stephen King's quote "write with the door closed, rewrite with the door open." He is saying that when your stuff starts out it is meant just for you, but when it goes out it belongs to whoever wants to read it. That quote really applies to my Feature Writing class, since it consists of a lot of writing multiple drafts until you get your story just how you want it. This book has really motivated me to keep writing and reading, and that when you face rejection to never give up and to always stand behind your work.

No comments: